Thursday, June 2, 2011

Peasant Dress! Finally

Knit Peasant dress DIY
sewing knit peasant Dress

They are everywhere, everyone gushes about how easy they are, everyone makes them. That is, everyone but me. I had never had any success with peasant dresses...till last week. It's not that I didn't try, I tried making one for myself, my daughter, our bitch, neighbors bitch...well ok, not for the bitches....but you get my drift.
So this weekend, an early morning trip got rescheduled to afternoon, right when we were heading out of the door, and I seized the opportunity to try my hand at peasant dress..again. And you know what, it worked. I did have to do some adjustments after cutting, it wasn't totally cut-n-go smooth. The best part is - I saved the template for once, so that means, I can crank out a peasant dress any time I want to in my daughter's size.
It even looks fab on her..yeah those matronly pleats on the sleeves. They look totally adorable on her.
What did you do on the long weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I love when something finally comes together. I can never make something without having to redirect halfway through. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming over to my blog and saying hi...I hope we keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making some cute items there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Dress! Hope you have a good and Godly day. Laura

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)