Monday, June 20, 2011

Butterfly dresss saga: Part 2

As I mentioned earlier that I'm going to take my revenge on butterfly dress ( ok, its not as ominous as it sounds in this sentence). I just love the butterfly dress style and badly wanted to make it work...there...sounds much better.
But as you can gather from the pic....I fixed my mistakes from earlier version here. And made new ones.
And I chose a pretty fabric this time...Cute kid + pretty fabric = success guaranteed :)
But I really think I made it work this time around.
Whats more is that the little one thinks its the coolest dress ever. She wanted to grab it and run away, while I was still sewing it. No kidding!
I'm still thinking of a better way to sew it though...for one thing I don't care for the bias tape bound neckline.
I think because of all the ruffling, the bias tape doesn't look that crisp at the neckline. Also I'm wondering if I can make a shirred version of this pattern. That would be cool...don't you think?
Butterfly dress saga...To be continued.

Ps: Get the original tutorial here ( Sewing in no mans land).

19 comments:

  1. oh so cute,, I think shirring would be cute as well but this is priceless,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute! Loved the colours! Beautiful space you got here...so very creative!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    Sanghamitra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute dress! Love the fabric!

    Shirred would be cute too!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress! I love all the colors and the ruffle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anshu, what a pretty one !! Wish I had a girl too :) This is just so cute! And now seems summer is all here..

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the neckline and sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest idea for the little dress. Any little girl would love wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People will look twice--even three or four times--at whomever wears it!

    WOMAN IN THE SCARLET COAT

    Woman in the scarlet coat,
    Are you heading for a boat?
    Or perhaps you need a bus
    To get far away from us.
    Whether wheels or sails you take
    Don’t forget the chocolate cake
    To sustain you on your way;
    Red-clad damsel, now we say,
    “Go with grace, enjoy the ride,
    See you on the other side!”


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Red-Roofed Lighthouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. As long as your little one likes it, it's a success! I think it's so adorable, and the fabric you chose is so fun. Great job!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out fantastic! I had a similar experience with a dress with a similar neckline--and I wanted to burn it, so I feel your pain! But it is an adorable dress and the best part is your little one loves it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. can't wait to try this, glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute dress. I love it and I am glad your little was trying to grab it! We have that problem at our house too.
    I am following your blog and would love for you to stop by www.cookieandclaire.blogspot.com if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those bright colors! This turned out good, thanks for sharing at Fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute what a fun dress love the colors and the design

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute and sweet dress! Thanks for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party! Can't wait to see what you link this week!
    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo Cuuuute!
    Very good work. I went to your Etsy shop, I love what you made, and your little touch: a bow here, a flower there, and your fabric choice... very nice!
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the polkadots!

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice last week. Hope to see you back this evening...

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)